Meet Dr. Samuels
For more than three decades, Dr. Lawrence Samuels has been transforming the lives of his patients through his passion and skill as a dermatologist. A highly successful follicular hair transplant specialist, Dr. Samuels is well-known as a gifted cosmetic dermatologist who cares deeply for the health and comfort of each of his patients. He is also known for developing Rx Systems PF®, a unique line of cosmeceutical products for the face, body and hair. This innovative product line makes the science of skin care more accessible and affordable. Rx Systems PF products are available at the Center for Advanced Skin Care … ask your esthetician for more details. Some of Dr. Samuels career highlights include:
- 1968-1972: B.A. in Biology, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas. Graduated with High Honors, Phi Beta Kappa.
- 1972-1976: M.D., Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri. Received the James Henry Yalem Prize in Dermatology, Washington University Medical School. Member Alpha Omega Alpha Medical School Honor Society.
- 1976-1977: Internship in Internal Medicine, Barnes Hospital, St. Louis, Missouri.
- 1977-1980: Residency in Medicine – Dermatology, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri.
- 1979-1980: Chief Resident in Dermatology, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri.
- 1979 – Present: Instructor in Department of Internal Medicine Division of Dermatology, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri
- 1980 – Present: Chief of Dermatology, St. Luke’s, St. Louis, Missouri
- 1980 – Present: Board-certified as a fellow of the Academy of Dermatology
- 1980 – Present: Physician’s Recognition Award
- 1984 – 1986: Secretary/Treasurer of St. Louis Dermatologic Society
- 1986 – 1988: Executive Secretary/Treasurer of St. Louis Dermatologic Society
- 1988 – 1990: Vice–president of St. Louis Dermatologic Society
- 1990 – 1992: President of St. Louis Dermatologic Society
- 2006 – Present: Medical Advisory for Beauty FirstSM and Pure Beauty®
Hospital Staff Appointments
- St. Luke’s Hospital
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital
- Missouri Baptist Medical Center
- Mercy Hospital
- Society of the American Academy of Dermatology
- St. Louis Dermatologic Society
- Missouri Dermatologic Society
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- International Society of Hair Transplantation
- American Society of Mohs Surgery
- Samuels, Lawrence E. (1984). Cutaneous Allergy: Allergic Contact Dermatitis and Atopic Dermatitis. In Textbook Allergy: Theory and Practice (pp. 105-145). Grune & Stratton.
- Samuels, Lawrence E. – Presentation for Advances in Clinical Allergy on Atopic Eczema and Contact Dermatitis, 1980 to 1987.
- Samuels, Lawrence E. – Pediatric Grand Rounds, St. Louis Children’s Hospital, Current Management of Cutaneous Infections, 1985.
- Samuels, Lawrence E. – Grand Rounds, Androgenic Alopecia, Missouri Baptist Hospital, 1988.
- Samuels, Lawrence E. – Course Director for Dermatology, St. Luke’s West Hospital,1982 to present. Course subjects: Introduction of Cutaneous Diagnosis, Skin Cancer, Benign tumors, Eczema, Psoriasis, Bullous Dermatoses, Cutaneous Skin Infections, Contact Dermatitis, Cutaneous Manifestations of Systemic Diseases and Venereal Diseases
- Samuels, Lawrence E. – Assistant Course Director for the Cutaneous Applications for the KTP Laser. Kansas City, Missouri, 1994.
- Samuels, Lawrence E. – Presenter for International Hair Transplant Society. “The effect of glycolic shampoo & condition on scalp skin.” Vancouver, Canada, 2004.
- Samuels, Lawrence, E. – Presenter at AAGL Society Meeting, “In-Office Cosmetic Procedures.” Las Vegas, Nevada.